Lot 1603 (The Works of Art, Medals, Militaria & Furniture Auction, 26th April 2019)
Sold for £1,800
- Some marks and dirty residue to base around foot of the figure where figure has rotated, figure is not entirely secure on base and can be unscrewed from the underside of the base. Some dirty residue visible around base.
- There is some minor discolouration to the ivory around the foot of the figure and at other parts of the body including elbow and knee
- Some minor marks visible to the figure and to the gilt dress. The dress bears some small marks and very minor pitting. Screw visible on dress where leg is secured.
- Small circular mark visible to top of the head of the figure. Some tiny dark marks visible around the head and hair of the figure.
- Additional photographs added
IMPRESSIVE GILDED BRONZE and IVORY FIGURE OF A FEMALE DANCER,
modelled on one leg with arm held aloft, on a veined marble base, the base signed ‘L. Sosson, 35.5cm high overall
Note: Louis Sosson was a French sculptor and ivory carver who was artistically active from about 1905 to 1930. His exact life data are unknown.
Condition reports indicate issues visible to the naked eye. Whilst every effort is made to provide accurate and honest condition reports, none of our staff is a professional conservator or restorer. Any condition report offered should be accepted as an indication of any obvious issues or problems or the lack of them. The condition report does not form part of any contract between McTear's and the buyer, and all lots are offered "as is" in accordance with our Terms of Business in the printed catalogue and available on our website.